Monday, March 1, 2010

Februrary 2010

______ Monday. I would normally say happy Monday, but I am not sure it was that kind of day. I have lots to regale you all with so lets start with the necessities.

Today was work, Duh, and then I had to get in my answers for Test 2 this semester. Lets just say both of these things got completed, and I will leave it at that.

Monday Fun Story: On my way home from work today I am driving down Southside Blvd and look to the right on the Service Road and see a police man with lights on driving south on the service road and suddenly pull off. As I get closer I realize that there is a woman and her 2 kids walking a Pony down the sidewalk of one of the busiest roads in Jacksonville during rush hour !?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?!?!? As I passed the cop was attempting to deal with the Pony and it's entourage, but this certainly made me laugh!

Once home I set out on what was to be my saving grace of the day- 4 mile tempo run! Technically Tempo runs call for 1 mile warm up, 1 mile cool down and all the middle miles completed at race pace. Well 2 miles at race pace seemed too easy so I set out to do a 4 mile 'tempo' with all 4 miles at race pace. My goal for the 10k in 3 1/2 weeks and my (hopeful) 15k in 6 weeks is to do 9 miles at a 9:30 pace. So 4 miles in 38 minutes was the minimum. I Managed to come out ahead of my goal, and it felt good to crank out those quicker miles.


4.01 Miles, Total time 36:54

Mile 1-  9:08
Mile 2-  9:19
Mile 3-  9:18
Mile 4:   9:05

I was quite pleased with my run tonight, the weather was perfect, and I had energy to get out.

We had leftover chili for dinner, and it was still fantastic, and even more fantastic not to have to cook on a Monday night, what a smart idea! I also enjoyed some Peachie time this evening...

We watched YouTube, she gets such a kick out of all the crazy dogs and their crazy antics!


Well onto February, wait that's backwards...
I can't believe today is March 1st, this year is going by fast. February 2010 was probably one of the most memorbale times in my life. I have pushed myself in some many ways and gone outside my comfort zone, but in so many ways it has helped me realize what I really do want out of my life and what is important to me.

10 days later I am still living in my post half marathon high. I am amazed at my accomplishments and have truly come to value my body and what it can do. I have no deisre to feed it crap because it will perform like crap, and I am far to focused and competitive to not see improvements with each race I am doing.

I am committed to doing at least 1 race per month for the remainder of this year, and for now November is looking to be a banger month with up to 3 half marathons...craziness!

February Highlights:
- I got my hair cut


This is the only picture I have that really shows it, but its a terrible pic, Cute Haircut!
- Ran my First Half Marathon



And I bought new running shoes!!!



Lots of Pink involved this February :) I am excited to see what March has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment