Wednesday, March 17, 2010

3 Mile PR

So work killed me again, and my mental exhaustion+ long way from my house = me being lame and missing the St. Patty's day gathering to celebrate my friend Katie's recent engagement :( Hopefully she can forgive me and I can catch her on Sunday.

Once home I took advantage


My previous 3 mile PRwas 26:56





I shattered that PR today by a little over 45 seconds.

3 Miles- 26:10, Avg pace- 8:44, Avg HR- 174

Mile 1- 9:02
Mile 2- 8:44
Mile 3- 8:25

Love me some negative splits!

As I mentioned in today's earlier post, I actually set out to just do 3 easy miles. Well mile 1 felt really easy to me, and my HR was only 159.  I kept what felt like a comfortable pace and looked down as Garmie beeped at mile 2 to see I was under a 9 minute pace. I am amazed at how easy a quick pace is to me now, and I am really excited to see my race pace this weekend.

John made enchilladas for dinner, I have never actually made them before so it was nice to watch someone else. I had 1 tiny one with a side of mushrooms. It was tasty.



I also had 2 of these for dessert


Off to bed, another Long Thursday tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Congrats on the PR!! Now REST up for the weekend race!

    Whats your goal this weekend?

    ReplyDelete