Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Pattys Day

I hope everyone is enjoying their Green Holiday! I have managed to keep myself occupied pretty much since I woke up this morning.


I headed to spin class this morning as intended, and it went well. Not nearly as vicious as it was on Sunday but it was still tough. The instructor who taught today was new to me, I had never taken a class with him before and he was good, lots of energy especially considering the early hour, but today's workout was very long hard progressions, not bad just different. Normally there are a lot of intervals in a spin class so it was different, but I am sure I will still feel it tomorrow.


I came home on a tight schedule to make it to work today, but managed to shower and put myself together, put away the dishes in the dishwasher, and clean out the ones left in the drying rack. Peachie got a longer than usual walk, and breakfast and lunch was packed. Will all the craziness going on in the kitchen I didn't have time to sit down and eat breakfast at home like usual, so I packed it up and brought it to work.


In honor of St. Patrick's Day, it was a Jeans day at work today. They do something every month for our students (typically around a holiday or something festive) and it is typically declared a Jeans day for everyone. So this morning I got myself all decked out in my Green Outfit




And took the opportunity to wear my new jeans that I bought this weekend!!! They fit amazing and I am SO happy with them! Sorry for the yucky pic, I have been slacking on bringing my real camera with me every day.


Today at work has been slow so I took the opportunity to get out and get some GRE studying in, and went to lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. This is probably one of my favorite places because it has a HUGE salad bar! I am a sucker for a good salad bar, and I love that they also have a hot bar with a huge selection of soups, baked potatoes and breads. I built myself a HUGE spinach salad with all the toppings, and had a small bowl of chili with a single slice of cheesy bread- yum!


Tonight I have a 3 mile easy run on the schedule to add to my 45 minutes of spinning from this morning, I am very much working to make sure I am getting an hour of cardio in 5 days a week rather than just the standard 30 minutes I was getting before. I have been struggling more with losing these last few pounds than I did with the rest, and I know it is because I have been eating more the last few weeks and I just need to get back to less mindless snacking. This effort started today, I have kept my snacking under control, but I am sure that my big lunch also played a part!


Hope everyone enjoys the rest of St. Patrick's Day! See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment