Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Speed Demon

Hello all, Wednesday is O-V-E-R, and I am exhausted! I got caught up in other things today and forgot to snap a few pictures for my reader's request post, so hopefully I can get that up for you all tomorrow.

Tonight on the training schedule it called for 4 miles speedwork, and while I had intentions of swapping that for tomorrows 3 mile easy run, but John was tired and since I was headed to the gym anyways I figured I should get the most out of my TMill time, especially since tomorrow is shaping up to be a very busy day and I may not get my run in, sad :(

So with the TM set at 1.0 incline I did a 1 mile warm-up at 6.1mph or 9:50 pace. The next 3 miles were allocated to do speed intervals so they went as follows:

Mile 0-1:  warm up-9:50 pace (6.1mph)
Mile 1-1.25: 7:30 pace (8.0mph)
Mile 1.25-1.5: 9:30 pace (6.3mph)
Repeat 5 more times

I was exhausted by the end and felt so accomplished, it was amazing how much I could even feel it in my abs towards the end of each tough interval.

Dinner was simple and easy and I am crawling into bed early for my busy day tomorrow. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment