Thursday, March 25, 2010

A quick fix

Happy Thursday- I am dying for the weekend even though I have another evil calc test that awaits me.

I opted to sleep in this morning, I just couldn't bring myself to get out of my warm bed for a hot date with a stationary bike, I wouldn't even get to wear my running shoes :(



I decided to have another mini Luna Bar as my morning snack today, and it was perfect and tasted great! Spaghetti squash for lunch is becoming my favorite, it is so filling, and its nice to have a warm lunch instead of
a sandwich and salad everyday.

For dinner tonight, we had big plans to make our own version of fried rice, only without the fried part.


So basically it was rice +veggies and seasonings, I thought it turned out very well. I had maybe a cup with a half a piece of chicken- by far the heaviest dinner I have had in a while, but it was well worth it.


Well my big news today, came from the gym! I went after work to do some weights and my daily dose of the stationary bike. After some time on the bike I hopped over to the treadmill for a little bit of walking. My leg/ligament had felt really good today, John rubbed it for a while last night, and I am convinced that did the trick. After walking for about 10 minutes I decided I needed to see how my leg felt running to decide how much longer I needed to keep up this boring cardio routine.

Well the good news is my leg did not hurt one bit!!!! It felt great, normal, relaxed, honestly better than it probably has in almost 2 months- sad I know! I ran about half a mile and as good as it felt I stopped, knowing a couple days off has helped, and another day is still a good idea, so I didn't want to ruin a good thing.

The best part is I know I will be up to my long run I had planned for Saturday- 10 miles! I am excited. This will be my first double digit run since my half marathon 4 1/2 weeks ago. 9.3 is the longest I have done since then, so I am excited to get back into double digits and have it get easy, because I might have a marathon up my sleeve! See ya Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment