Thursday, March 4, 2010

Reader's Request Food

Hello All! It's almost the weekend! I am excited to have have too many obligations for the weekend, but I need to get in some studying for the GRE, some homework probably, and a big mission of cleaning out my closet- yeah I've said this one for months!

I had a super busy day today and opted out of the weights and 3 mile easy run- This will more than likely be made up for tomorrow morning. Stay tuned to see if I can drag myself out of bed in the cold to do so.

I have gotten a couple of emails from readers lately asking about what I have been eating since I have changed my diet. Keeping in mind that I am not a robot and do occasionally mix it up, but Monday-Friday this is typically what you will see. Friday and/or Saturday nights are typically eaten out, so no I have not gone totally boring on y'all, but here is my impression of a food blogger :)



Breakfast is typically eaten about 7am at home while watching the Today Show. What can I say, I just love Al Roker! My favorite at the moment is making a great big yogurt mess, and I have not been able to get enough of this!

This bowl contains 1/2 pear, 1/2 banana, 6 ounces plain greek yougurt, 1/4 cup lowfat granola, and 1/4 cup Kashi Go-Lean Crunch Cereal. It makes a pretty mess once its all finished too! This comes in a teeny bit under 400 calories but has over 20g of protein and more than 10g of fiber and keeps me full for a while.

Somewhere between 10a-11a I dive into my morning snack, depending on how busy and hungry I am, I may have 1 or both of these snacks. Somewhere between 100 and 200 calories...

Depending on the day and my mood I may go for the flavored Chobani (Peach or Blueberry) but the plan in pretty awesome too! The tupperware has 1/2 a sliced pear and 1/2 banana (basically the other halves from my breakfast). 

Lunch usually hits about 1pm, and a typical day will contain a turkey sandwich on Arnold's Sandwich Thins with honey mustard and a Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge.
I also had a salad, made with spinach, cucumber and sometimes crumbled feta or goat cheese. I will usually add the cheese if I skipped the yogurt on my morning snack, otherwise I usually leave it off. Most days I use Kraft fat free Catalina dressing, but today I hit up the balsamic. The orange is my 'dessert' so to speak.

Usually about 4pm the hunger (or boredom) starts again and I grab my go to afternoon snack. This is the one thing that NEVER changes. I love it, it gives me plenty of my nutritional needs and I find it to be great pre-run fuel
1 reduced fat cheese stick, fuji apple and 1 green bell pepper sliced. Green Peppers are my go to veggie and have been for almost a year. They are filling and low in calories and I really have come to enjoy the flavor. Again about a 200 calorie snack, and perfect about 2ish hours before my run.
Dinner always comes after our evening workout except in a few rare occasions. Dinners can vary quite a bit, but if I am cooking fresh that day, I will often end up with a plate like this.

Half of a boneless, skinless chicken breast in some sort of marinade. I have been really loving mushrooms recently, but any veggie may appear.
Sometimes I just make veggies like Mushrooms and squash, or chicken and rice, and often we have leftovers from Crockpot Mondays. Things like chili, soup, or zesty chicken and rice.

This upcoming week Crockpot Mondays will be featuring smashed red potatoes. John has been wanting mashed potatoes so we will have mashed potatoes. He will have chicken I will probably have shrimp or a small steak.

I am happily taking Crockpot Monday recommendations- please comment with your favorite recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment