Sunday, March 28, 2010

Most Productive Sunday

Hello all, as the weekend draws to a close, I realize that I have stubled across one of the most valuable things in life- how to get everything you need done. The answer, you will find at the end. So as you might imagine I have gotten SO much done today, and it has been so productive and fantastic that I just can't help but smile :)

This morning I opted to sleep past the 6:30am alaram I had set and just get up when I was ready. I ended up getting out of bed at 7:30am and was surprised that I was not more stiff after my long run yesterday, no complaints, it left plenty of play room for what I had on the agenda for today.

John took Peachie out and was kind enough to make breakfast while I cleaned the bathrooms, they needed it, and had gotten quite dusty- which I hate. Breakfast was 2 slices of whole wheat french toast with 6ounces greek yogurt, 1/2 cup of fresh strawberry slices and a pear. After that, I was ready to get moving!!!


We loaded up the truck and headed out to the beach for a nice morning bike ride. We parked and rode all the way from South Jax Beach all the way up to the end of Atlantic Beach at the South end of Hanna Park.
John and I were both surprised that it was not a longer ride round trip, but really enjoyed it, and got in an hour of quality cardio.




It took a little over an hour to do the 12.7 mile ride. We averaged a 12.7 pace also (wierd). We really took it easy this morning, and were wanting to have a nice ride and take in the scenery more than seeing how fast we could go.

For those who live in Jacksonville, or know the 26.2 with Donna race we did last month, this will be a fun story for you. As John and I are riding north along 1st Street up through Jax Beach we noticed that several houses still had flags and signs up Supporting the 26.2 with Donna and Breast Cancer Research. John and I talked about how that was a nice route to run, and maybe doing the Full Marathon next year wouldn't be so bad.

Well no sooner had we stopped talking we saw a couple ahead walking towards us. As we got closer, I recognized them...It Was Donna Deegan and her husband Tim out for a morning walk!!! Yes, THE DONNA of 26.2 with Donna. She is the evening news anchor for First Coast News, the local news station that we watch every day, and her husband Tim, is the weather man!!! I waved and said hello and they said hello back, I Was SOO excited for my morning minor celebrity siting!!!


After our bike ride, we loaded up the truck again and headed towards home. We decided since we were out and in the neighborhood that we would go ahead and knock out our grocery shopping. Costco came first


I bought these babies in addition to the usual. This is 4 lbs of strawberries and it was only $4.99!!!! I have sliced up half already, and sealed up the other half. And a few may have already made it into my mouth ;)

After our 2 grocery store trips and lunch, I unloaded the groceries, cleaned out the fridge and started the 1st of the 4 loads of laundry I have done today. I did manage to work on the test for an hour, enough time to eliminate enough questions so that I could leave it until tomorrow. This is where I had my major revelation...

I have been SO productive today because I was doing anything and everything else I could to avoid that test. So moral of the story, if you have a lot to get done. Find something that you really don't want to do, and add it to your to-do list. You will happily complete the rest in order to procrastinate on the one thing you don't want to do. I have now finished 16/20 questions on my test, and if I have time I will work on it more tonight. If not, I have all day tomorrow to finish before I have to have it submitted by midnight tomorrow night.


After the test I rewarded myself with a trip to the gym. I did 3.5 miles on the treadmill (it was raining here) and then I did leg weights. Of the 3.5 miles I ran, 1 mile was hill repeats, and I realized that hills are the biggest reason my leg hurts so I will stop doing hills until further notice- its not like we have a ton here anyways.

I had a kick-ass dinner planned for tonight, and it actually turned out so well, I am going in depth into what I did! It started with this, and an idea



I bought these All Natural Italian Style Chicken Sausages at Publix today, and knew I wanted to try one in my dinner. These are really good for what they are. 1 Sausage has only 130 calories, 7g of fat and 15g of protien. I tossed 1 sausage on the grill and the rest in the freezer. Once cooked I diced up the sausage and mixed it with 1 Tbsp Wheat Germ instead of bread crumbs. Once mixed up I mixed in about an ounce of crumbled goat cheese and put the entire mixture on top of a large portobella mushroom I had also grilled.


It turned out like this, and I also threw in a nice easy veggie for a side dish. This meal was amazing and filling



The whole thing has less than 400 calories and plenty of protien to keep you satisfied. I will definitely be making this again!!!!


I am going to spend the rest of my evening folding laundry and catching up on my large stack of magazines. I have an awesome week of running planned and I am excited to be back.

Since she is just so cute, I have to leave you with a Peachie picture of the week!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment