Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Trip and Fall

Happy Hump Day!!! I am so glad to be inching closer to the weekend, and my stack of reading material is growing each day. I am excited to get through my never ending magazine pile and wear my new bathing suit for the first time.

This morning was another struggle to get out of bed, I don’t know why I have been so tired the last few days, but I have been. So I knew another afternoon run was in the cards.
The weather today was quite nice from the rain we had yesterday and temps were sunny and 70 when I started out to run about 6:30pm.


I had a small window of time to run in since I had to get more of my test done tonight, so I set on an old route I hadn’t used in a while, our large circle loop, for some reason it always goes by so quickly now. I was hoping to get in 4 miles before I had to be back and get to work.

My first lap as I had planned to be just a warm-up was at a pretty decent pace. Mile 2 was quicker and about half way through mile 3 I was still feeling great and picking up speed. Well at about 2.75 I tripped and rolled my ankle getting back on the sidewalk from the road. It startled me pretty bad at first, but I was able to keep running, but at a slower pace than the 8:20 I was at before I fell. My ankle didn’t hurt per se, it felt a little tender, but it actually loosened up a bit as I kept going, I decided to stop at 3 miles just to be safe though.

3 Miles- 26:45
Mile 1-  9:11
Mile 2-  8:56
Mile 3-  8:38


Once home I took off all my stuff- hat, sunglasses, ipod, Garmie, and HR monitor (wow! I wear a lot of stuff!) and then off came the shoes. Not 2 minutes after my shoes came off my ankle started to swell and throb- ummm this is not good. I iced it while eating dinner, but to be honest it hasn’t helped much.

I am nervous that this could sideline me for a few days, but I am hoping 1 more round of ice and elevation tonight might allow me a short run tomorrow and a rest day Friday. Cross your fingers for my ankle, I will be so annoyed if I can’t run over something so lame as being clumsy and tripping.

No comments:

Post a Comment