Monday, April 12, 2010

Lame Monday

Well the weekend is over, and I was less than excited to see this week come. On a more positive note, I am getting really excited for my race this weekend, and hopefully I can run as fast as I want- isn’t that how it always work??


When the usual 5am alarm went off today, I promptly turned it off and slept for another hour. I am confident my legs were up for the 3 miles I had planned for them this morning, but as a whole I was exhausted and needed more sleep, and had no problem giving in. Today was a pretty trying day, and I even left work feeling like a run wouldn’t improve my mood, but I was not about to let a bad day derail my plans.
John was my motivation this evening and I geared up for my evening planned 3 miles. Even though I couldn’t get in my original planned 6, I was happy with the 3 I did get in. I also decided to try out my new friend tonight…

412b

I liked having water during my run, as the temperatures get warmer if nothing else, I could pour it on my head when I got hot :) I really like how easy this thing was to carry, and I barely noticed it, the only difference was my had was a tad sweaty, but I expect that.

Evening Run: 3 Miles- 26:44, avg pace 8:33, avg HR 172
Mile 1-  9:21
Mile 2-  8:51
Mile 3-  8:32
.5 cool down 10:05 pace
Negative Splits So Pretty :)


John and I are continuing the no plans for dinner thing, and tonight it least it worked out nicely, I had breakfast for dinner.


412c

I had a HUGE omlet with lots of veggies (spinach, mushrooms, onions) some ham, and topped with a little feta.


Tomorrow I am hoping to feel rested and get back to my usual AM workout, right now I am off to play with this face…


412a

No comments:

Post a Comment