Thursday, April 8, 2010

Falling off the Wagon

So today kinda I fell off the Wagon in terms of a great week of running.


I was trying to actually plan a running date when the boss told me I needed to be in early on my late day, so plan 1 got scratched. Plan 2- speed work on TM early early so I could make it in to work early, well I woke up with super tired legs from 2 straights days of 2-a-days so I decided to swap my rest day for this morning and stayed in bed, my legs were appreciative.

Todays 4-5 miles will be made up tomorrow before work which is normally my rest day.


Since I have no running updates I will make a sad attempt at impersonating a food blogger. I could never be a successful food blogger, I am a pretty picky eater and could eat the same thing day after day, week after week, oh wait I do that!!!

Well today I actually got a little creative with my lunch and did a spin-off of a favorite of mine: The portobella and mozarella panini from Panera. This is one of my Fav sandwiches and I decided to do it my way!


Well last night I grilled a large mushroom cap, and reheated it at work today. I used it as the meat of my sandwich, with a Laughing cow wedge spread on the bun and some of my new favorite on the bottom...



I put Spicy three pepper hummas on the other half of my sandwich thin, and let me say this is without a doubt the most amazing sandwich I have ever made! I will definitely be making it again.



So there you have it, my 1 food creation for the year, expect to see spaghetti squash and turkey sandwiches back in the rotation for the next 6 months until I have another creative stroke of genius.

Back to the running fun tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment