Sunday, April 25, 2010

Running Updates

The weekend is winding down, and a new week starts tomorrow. The best part about a new week...more running :)

This was one of those running weeks that was pretty amazing! Last Sunday I posted my running schedule for the week and this is how is played out:

Monday: 4Miles (2 @ 8:40 pace) DONE
Tuesday: 4 Miles   5 Miles
Wednesday: 4 Miles   DONE
Thursday: 6 Miles (2x800 @ 8:00, 4x400 @ 7:30)  DONE
Friday: Rest  DONE
Saturday:  11 Miles (9:30 pace)   DONE
Sunday:  3 Miles   DONE

Total weekly miles = 33


This was my 2nd week back at or over 30 miles per week, and it felt great and everything just clicked. I am confident that my body is up for some serious high mileage training, and I am getting really excited for fall training to start here in about 6 weeks.

Also, today I hit 350 miles for the year. I think the counter is pretty accurate, so that definintely has me on track to hit my goal of 1,000 miles in 2010. My current shoes have now rolled over the 200 mile mark as well, and the wear patterns are noticeable. I am really hoping to get them to 400+ miles before needing a swap, but I am sure my legs will start to tell me when its time.


I bumped up crockpot Monday to Crockpot Sunday since I have a super busy day tomorrow, and I wanted there to be easy leftovers for John. I found a recipe for pineapple pork in one of my cookbooks and it turned out really well!

I am off to sleep my way into a new week, this week trying something different, seeing if I can function without a set running plan. This is totally not a me thing, and I get a little anxious when I don't have a schedule to follow, so I am not sure it will last much past 5:10am tomorrow, but we will see.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You're on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally admire your consistent use of the crockpot. I still have no idea how to use mine! Looks like you are having a blast. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete