Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tough Run Wednesday

I have been a busy girl since I last left you. Last night while watching the Biggest Loser I did lots of ab work and 3 sets of 10 push-ups. Push-ups are just good for you so I am going to try and do at least a few each day. We will see if I actually do that.

This morning I woke up with the alarm, no problems I was awake and well rested but was not feeling the gym, or more specifically the treadmill, I couldn’t even muster the motivation to go do the weights I had planned, so I relaxed this morning, did a bunch more ab exercises, made a bigger breakfast and got to work early.

After work I was super motivated to get out and run, as well as get in my weight session. I changed fast and headed out for my run solo. Mile one was pretty easy and at a good pace, so you can imagine my disappointment when the next 2 miles were pure torture. My breathing felt really labored, maintaining my pace felt tough, and I felt so defeated. What happened to my endurance??

 

4 miles-36:55, avg pace 9:13, avg HR 177

Mile 1-  9:07

Mile2-   9:19

Mile 3-  9:15

Mile 4-  9:12

It was all I could do to keep my pace down those last couple miles. I came home and John suggested the extra 20 degrees probably didn’t help, he has a point. Usually my runs are climate controlled or in the dark when I am outside, so 82 degrees and sunny wasn’t the smartest move. Also, the abs were screaming once I stopped, that probably made the actual running harder too, so I don’t feel super discouraged about my positive splits.

I did make it up to the gym afterwards, and did a bunch of arm weights and some back, and now my arms are like spaghetti.

 

Well tomorrow I have a rockin’ speedwork sesh planned, stay tuned for the craziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment