Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pep in my Step

It's almost the weekend, can you feel it! I had an excellent Thursday, and have had an extra pep in my step all day, I attribute it to starting my morning off with 6 miles of speedwork.

I was a little weary after a slow run yesterday, but I managed to hit each interval and at the speeds I wanted, and have also completed each run I had scheduled this week at the distances and paces intended, that is rare.

Today's workout was a tough one for sure, normally I do1 minutes sprints or 400 meter repeats as my speedwork, but with longer distances on the horizon I stepped it up to add in some 800s today, and the kicked my butt. Here's how the run went down:

Warm-up: 1.75 mile at comfortable 9:30 pace, felt normal and easy.
2 x 800 repeats: each 800 (or 1/2 mile) was run at an 8:00 pace with an 800 recovery at a 9:30 pace.

After the 800s I was supposed to take a 3 minute break, so I used it as a bathroom break and got right back on to finish up.

I did  .25 miles to warm back up and get moving before I started my intervals, 9:30 pace
4 x 400 repeats: each 400 (1/4 mile) completed at 7:30 pace with a 400 recovery at 9:13 pace.

I was a sweaty mess when I finally got off the treadmill, and did a ton of stretching and foam rolling before heading home. It was great to get in some longer miles this week, I felt like I had been running 4 miles every day since forever, I am really excited for my long run this Saturday now!


I had asked John to make me some extra oatmeal with his, and he was kind enough to do so. I like oatmeal on mornings when I run more than 3 or 4 miles because it keeps me from getting hungry again too quickly. I decided to try something a little different with this oatmeal and it turned out amazing!



1/4 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 pink lady apple, 1 TBSP Almond Butter, and cinnamon...YUM!!!

The oatmeal made the apple nice and warm kind of like in apple pie, plus the cinnamon and nut butter, it was SO good, I will be having more of this soon!


I could barely hold up my hair dryer to do my hair this morning, I did not realize how sore my arms were from the weights last night, but at least they are working something. After finishing my hair I looked across the room to find this.....



Apparently all my hard work was too much for this little dog this morning and she couldn't even make it back into her bed before falling back asleep!

Even though I didn't have to be in to work until 11am, I left early to stop and pick up my package....



Finally the correct armband came, and I am super excited to try it out, and not stress about the velcro coming undone with every few steps.




I also went in search of a dress for my sister's graduation next month. My closet is slim pickin's at the moment so I have been on the hunt, rather unsuccessfully, for a couple weeks now. Well I think I found a great dress, but when I tried it on this morning it was a tad big in the top. I went and asked the sales associate if she had a smaller size in the back, she gave me an evil look, told me no, and walked off.

I actually felt bad having to ask this lady for an even smaller size, and then I realized I shouldn't. I have worked really hard for my new found small size, and I should not be discriminated against for being tall-ish and not fat. So I am excited to be that girl who now needs the smaller size, but to avoid another evil look, I just went online and ordered the size I wanted.

Looking forward to tomorrow's rest day for once, but I am not quite sure what will do with my extra time in the morning????

No comments:

Post a Comment