Friday, April 16, 2010

That's not a meal!

Happy Friday Y'all! It is supposed to be a beautiful weekend here, perfect for racing. My sore throat from yesterday invited it's cousin congestion to come visit too, so we are having a little party up in here. Nothing a little ice cream won't fix by tomorrow ;)

So going through my to-do list for the day and thinking about what all I needed to do for my race tomorrow, I realized I am pretty under-prepared for this race. Even though I will have a new PR since I have never raced this distance before, I am nervous my average pace will be pretty lame and not any better than my previous for a similar (yet longer) distance. I am putting my nerves aside and am very excited for this race tomorrow, it's another day I get to run and that keeps me happy.

This morning I woke up at 4:45 to go meet my mom for an early 3 mile run to loosen up the legs for tomorrow. We did 3 miles in about 36 minutes and she is well on her way to faster times. It was nice to get in an easy run without worrying about going crazy and wearing my legs out before my race. I also picked up my new armband that arrived, and it was the wrong one! They sent one for the 3rd generation ipod touch not the nano...FAIL! So I promptly sent the other one back for return and ordered the correct one this morning. Delivery expected Monday 4/19. I'm not sure the velcro on my current case will last any longer!

I had some really rediculous dinner plans in the works, most of which include random food that I wanted all thrown together in attempts to look like a meal. It was certainly not a meal of any kind but it was amazing. First up was a roastbeef sub from Jimmy Johns- Yum! This was the sustenance I needed, nect up was Mochi for some FroYo to help the throat and then a few bites of cheesecake for dessert. I am pretty much in a sugar coma at the moment, but loved every bite!


Well I am off to get everything arranged for the race tomorrow, see you will a recap!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck!! You are going to do great, let me know how it goes tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete