Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools

Happy April Fools Day everyone, this is probably one of my least favorite holidays. I never enjoyed being the sad victim of a practical joke and was certainly not crafty enough to come up with any of my own.

Today started with a mini Luna Bar and a long gym session. I did had 4 miles of speedwork on the schedule plus weights and my goal to do 60 minutes a day, so here is how it went:

*Weights (back/biceps) I rocked the biceps part, but I get SO bored doing back, so the only one that really went well was the low back.
*4M speedwork:
- 1 mile warm-up (9:40 pace)
- 5 x 400 intervals at 7:30 pace, 400 recovery at 9:30pace
- 1/2 mile cool down 9:30 pace

This was a good interval workout today, I was pushing during the sprints, but felt fine during the recovery, so I think its time to up the ante here- next week should be brutal. I was tempted to actually do 4 miles of intervals, but my knee got all achey and dumb towards the end so I opted not to push it. I walked for another 5 minutes to cool down and give me about 42 minutes here.

*15 minutes on the bike, pretty much burned up my legs they were done at this point, but I suppose
burning = good so no complaints.

I did spend a good amount of time stretching and a little with the foam roller, I have some serious knots in my calves, and it hurt so good to try and get a couple out.

John was nice enough to make me oatmeal for breakfast with his, and it was pretty much ready once I got home. So after a quick shower, I made myself about 3/4 cup oats with a spoonful of almond butter and a banana. I ate about 2/3 of the bowl and was stuffed- this always happens to me, I can never finish oatmeal, I guess I take too much, so my breakfast was finished like this...




I usually let Peachie lick the bowl after I have my yogurt for breakfast, so I figured I would let her kill off the last 1/4 cup of oats, she didn't mind :)


Now for the 64 million dollar question, how many miles to do on Saturday???? I have a training plan all built up, mostly to get me a good solid base before marathon training, but I am in a predicament about how many miles for this weekend.

John and I have a pretty packed weekend:
*Friday- Work, baseball game
*Saturday- Long run (?? miles), work, meeting a friend for a final wedding dress vote, driving to Palm Coast, dinner in Palm Coast, Driving home
*Sunday(Easter!!)- Run of some kind, pool/lunch/Penny time in Lawtey :)

Because we will be out a little late on Friday night, I am not thinking that getting up at 5am to run my original felt 10-12 miles will happen, and if it does, will not be great. So I was thinking 2 medium distance runs this weekend. Maybe 9 and 6, or 8 and 7, thoughts on what I should do. I want to get 15 miels in this weekend, and I am just not sure the original 12 and 3 will work.
All suggestions welcome!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment