Monday, November 2, 2009

Yay November

So about 2 days too late, the fall weather has moved into Jacksonville. Today (and all week for that matter) we are looking at highs right at 70 and lows in the low to mid 50's. This is my absolute favorite weather, cool, but not too cold; can wear sweaters or sandals and still be comfortable!
If Anyone knows a place where I can find this weather 10 months out of the year and still be within 30 minutes of the beach to take advantage of the 2 lone months of 80 degree weather, then PLEASE sign me up to move there ASAP!
Today I made it back to work after my long weekend to find that corporate was getting whiney about how much overtime we have had as a team the last few months and we were all told we had to take a full hour for lunch every day. I should have been excited, but unless I have errands to run... what the hell am I going to do for a whole Hour in the middle of the day when there is PLENTY to get done at the office? My first thought was Calc homework, smart, right? No! We can't stream video for me to watch lectures and it doesn't format the hw questions right, Boo! So today I decided after I ate to head out to sit in the cool weather and read the magazine that I had luckily (and randomly) thrown in my purse this morning. Karma was looking out for me. But so now I am trying to figure out what the hell I am going to do for a whole hour every day...Who is that slow or dumb that it takes them a full hour to eat when they are alone, and not cooking the meal first??? Blows my mind, but I guess our Corporate Office is in Kansas, so I think that explains it all.
I left work at ten til 6 to walk outside and remember "oh yeah, its dark now" Can't say I am such a huge fan of this, we may be moving to morning runs. Although I will say it did make the temperature Even better for our run at about 6:30. No humidity and the perfect temp made for a FANTASTIC run! We had 3 miles on the schedule for tonight, which was cranked out pretty easy. I maintained my 10:06/10:07 pace for the 1st 2 miles but took a short walk break going into mile 3 and then had to stop for about 10/15 seconds to make sure I could still see John (really, it was THAT dark!) so I attribute that to my slightly slower 3rd mile- which means I may be able to pull of this half-marathon at 10 minute mile paces which is my goal for that race!
Tonights Splits:
Distance: 3.0 miles
Time: 30:34
Mile 1: 10:06
Mile 2: 10:07
Mile 3: 10:22 (with 2, 10 second walk breaks)

Also in other news, I decided today that I am no longer going to eat White Condiments (the only exception is Fat Free Sour Cream).
I have been toying with this idea for a few weeks and I wanted to see how much I actually ate these, or more importantly even wanted them. Well the answer is the wanting and eating was truly minimal and I think it is very smart in helping me to eat healthier and lose weight. The Mayo is probably the biggest sacrifice, but I have allowed myself 1 exception, b/c I saw no other option, and that is that I am allowed to have a small amount of mayo on thanksgiving leftover turkey sandwiches, because you simply CANNOT make one without a little mayo. But I typically only put mayo on some sandwiches, burgers, and mixed with some things like chicken salad ( I have found greek yougurt to be a good substitute here).
Ranch and Blue Cheese Dressings were the other 2 that are falling off the list, I cant say I will miss them that much as I have really come to prefer vinegarette and french dressings recently. I am sure my chicken wings will be lonely, but I probably shouldn't eat those anyways:)
I am sure as we speak my mother is reading this and her chin has hit the floor because I was the kid who put mayo on EVERYTHING! There was not a sandwich or piece of chicken that I ate that did NOT have mayo on it- but I feel it needs to be eliminated (or consumed in extremely rare occasions) so please pick your jaw up off the floor b/c all white condiments have officially been thrown out of my fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment