Wednesday, November 18, 2009

No White Condiments Rule!

Well as some of you may have read a few weeks ago, I cleaned my fridge of all white condiments. The only white substance in our fridge is greek yogurt and I think we still have some FF sour cream hanging out as well. I made a pledge to myself that I was going to nix all white condiments, and after a solid 3 weeks I can truly say I am not missing ANY of it! I have a lot of other really fantatic dressings that I enjoy and also some healthier ways to make other foods I like- Chicken Salad being a huge example!
I had someone today come ask me if I had mayo and I was so proud to say, Nope! I don't think I ever thought I would be able to part with the white creaminess that went into my salads and sandwiches, but at this point, the idea of thick blue cheese dressing or mayo really grosses me out- My cousin Kelli would be so proud:)
However, as these thoughts crossed my head today I was puzzled with this next question...
"What do I put on my thanksgiving leftover turkey snadwiches?!?!" I have always used Turkey on white bread with mayo (is this reminding anyone else of being 5 years old?)
White bread and Mayo are 2 things that no longer exist in my home so I am wondering what will become of leftover sandwiches, any helpful suggestions are appreciated!
Ok, time to head home play with Peachie, and watch Top Chef!

No comments:

Post a Comment