Friday, January 29, 2010

2 Runs, 1 Steak, and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Hey everyone, sorry for my slacker-ish tendencies this week.

Wednesday was work, another Peachie Distruction and a 5 mile run.

Thursday morning, I went to my Drs appointment, had my blood drawn, and should be going back in about a week to get the results. After the doctor was a full day of work and then our team had a dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse.

I hadn't been to Ruth Chris is ages and was quite excited for some yummy eats.

Since we were a large group we had a pre-set menu, all the eats I had were great.

Shiraz was had, x 2

With a pre-set menu I was bummed that the one thing I saw online that I was craving didn't make the cut. Well my general fiestiness and a few whines to my boss, and this beauty was set down in front of me

This is their tomato and onion salad, topped with blue cheese and a champagne vinegarette. The tomatoes on this baby were GIGANTIC, I swear it was the biggest thing ever, but they were SO good, I inhaled every last bite.

After the salads came dinner. I ended up ordering a ribeye as I thought John may like some

and if not, there was enough that I have made three separate meals out of it. There were several side dishes that came with the meal served family style, I had a small serving of mashed potatoes and a couple of mushrooms but that was all- creamed spinach does not appeal to me at all, and the scalloped potatoes looked like a heart attack in a bowl.

I did manage to sneak home something for John to eat though...

Chocolate Sin Cake!

He enjoyed every bite as soon as I got home. I went to bed immediately as I cannot function with even 2 glasses of wine anymore- sad I know.

Today (Friday) was pretty normal- the usual bagel, slow at work and several disasters that make me question how people can procreate so easily.

Originally John and I were supposed to do our 12 mile run tonight, but after 2 miles he wasn't feeling great, so we headed back. At 4 miles I made a quick stop at the apartment to put on a dry shirt and use the bathroom and then headed up to the gym to do 4 more miles on the treadmill. I did the total 8 miles in 1 hour 22 minutes, and probably could have been a little quicker if I had been at a normal pace for the first 2 miles, but I kept it slow as I was expecting to do 12.

The 12 mile run should take place Sunday morning, and hopefully we can get a bike ride in this weekend also, even just a short one around the neighborhood. I also have my first test of the semester to complete this weekend and I am less than excited to get started.

Off to bed now, I am exhausted- work tomorrow and then test time

No comments:

Post a Comment