Sunday, January 10, 2010

MIA

Sorry I have been missing this week, I blame the FREEZING temps.

This week was pretty busy at work, pretty light in terms of working out and nothing too exciting to report.

I did get adventerous and make Enchilada Chicken for dinner one night this week.


I found this recipe on another blog and decided to give it a try. It was tasty, but John and agree that it could have used a tad more spice.

You basically pan-sear the chicken breasts first, cut a pocket in each and stuff it with cheese. then put in baking dish, smother in enchilada sauce and top with cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes.

Also, some Peachie pictures for the week! We kept her warm in her pink sweater, and she had a blast when I pulled out my Wii Fit this week to do yoga and stretch out my muscles. I am making a goal to do yoga once a week.

My new class of the semester starts tomorrow, and it was quite the challenge trying to track down my course pack this week. But after reviewing the dates and material it seems that Calc 2 will be less material but A LOT more in depth- should be interesting...

Sunday being my favorite day of the week went as follows:

Woke up and checked on all the fellow-bloggers running the Disney Marathon today in the freezing cold- these girls were Awesome!!!!

I then decided I needed to make waffles for breakfast. I whipped up some real quick, and they ended up like this.
2 waffles with plain yogurt, sliced pear, banana, and blueberries. SOOOO good and was VERY filling!
We then did the weekly grocery shopping + a walmart trip and then I can home and unloaded everything.

Next up came the gym. I was determined to get in 3 miles of speedwork today, I feel that my times have been slipping and I refuse to let that happen.

I did a 1/2 mile warm-up at my normal 10 min pace. Then did 1/4 mile at an 8 min pace and 1/4 mile recovery at a 10 min pace. I was so proud that I did not stop and walk at all, so many times I wanted to but I thought of all those girls running 26.2 in about the same temp and I pushed myself to do my whole planned workout. I felt great to accomplish this, but my legs sure were tired.

After a quick shower John and I headed up to meet his mom and siblings for a late lunch.
We went to Buca di Beppo and ate family style. We started with a warm spinach and tomato salad (this was amazing!!!!) and I ate my fair share, and then some! Then came the entrees, I had 2 small bites of John's chicken parmasean and 1/2 a piece of chicken marsala. I had a couple bited of the garlic mashed potatoes, they were good but a littel greasy for me, and a small serving of fettucine alfredo. I was full!
After lunch John and I had a mission, to get in an afternoon bike ride while the temps were still in the 40s. We actually saw 42 degrees today which was amazing after several days with highs in the 30s.
We did 10 miles in a little under and hour
And managed to work up an appetite for dinner. A quick go to of tomato soup and grilled cheese.
I then prepped all my veggies and dinner for the week, took a bath, put away the laundry, and here I am.
Off to bed now as I have to be at work when the sun comes up for the 1st start of the year!
Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment