Thursday, January 14, 2010

What a Thursday!

Happy almost Friday Day! I am very excited for my 3 day weekend and am hoping to put a lot on my agenda!

Last night I slept like a rock, and I have no idea why I was so tired. I managed to get up early this morning, and get myself put together enough to head down to get the car serviced at 7AM! If I dont take it first thing it takes forever, although, it always takes forever so I don't know why I bother.

I had to stop at Starbucks for some Hot Passion Tazo Tea as I had left my travel cup at work yesterday and had no means with which to bring hot tea:( I must admit I really really liked the flavor, but it was SO hot it took me almost 30 minutes before I could sip without fear of getting 2nd degree burns- SO hot they put my tea cup into a 2nd cup AND but the hand protector thing on it- Yeah THAT HOT!

I pleasantly did today's homework on my iphone while waiting (Yes this phone is A-maz-ing) and I also managed to crack into my new book, Women's Guide to Running that I bought almost 2 weeks ago now. When my car was finally finished I headed to Target to pick up some Gummy snacks since it sounds like John wants to try those during our long run this weekend. I then headed home to change out of my fabulously comfortable jeans and sneakers and into my work clothes. I decided to wear flats today to help reduce any pain and inflammation in my foot. I'm sure it was helpful but I can't notice at this point. I also managed to take Peachie for about a 20 minute walk in hopes of burning some energy and preventing another disaster (see yesterdays post).

I decided that I then wanted to head up to DSW at the Town Center since I had time and see if I could find some nice, durable, supportive flats for work. The pair I use now are worn out, stretched out, and completely not supportive and not best for work although they do the job. They were $14.99 at Payless 3 years ago- No wonder! I found several pairs that I liked one thing about but not one that had everything I was looking for, so I decided not to settle and will continue looking this weekend.

I have noticed over the last 2 or 3 months with all the running that my feet get tired of the heels so if I can find a professional pair of flats or wedges or something other than my 4 inch stilettos I think it will help my feet. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my heels, but between 8 hours on the spikes and running, its wearing on my already troubled feet.

Work- yeah, you get the picture there. Although I had a REALLY nice man come in today to enroll for school and he was just SO nice. I said this a million times today. He certainly made my day a tad better.

Eating on my late day is always wierd. I try to maintain my normal schedule, but it always gets thrown off by a bigger breakfast, later snacks and dinner AT work.

After I leave here in 45 minutes I plan to hit the gym for some more bike action, and maybe if I am lucky I can get some treadmill time in too- here's hoping. Tomorrow I will stay off my foot completely, No gym, No nothing. I plan to do our 11 mile run as planned on Saturday and PRAY the rain holds off until we are done, or at least 1 mile from home.

The more I think about it, I may also skip the bike tonight, the foot needs to rest, and 1 extra night won't kill me, I hope. We will see how antsy I feel when it is time to head home....

No comments:

Post a Comment