Monday, January 11, 2010

Crockpot Cookbook and 24 miles

Happy Monday Y'all!


Hope everyone's week is starting off nice, especially knowing it is leading into a 3 day weekend!
My morning started earlier than usual with a 5:45AM wake-up call. I scrambled out of bed, straightened my hair and headed for the kitchen. Today's breakfast was a repeat of yesterday, 2 Heart Healthy Waffles + Plain Greek Yogurt + sliced bananas + blueberries = YUM!!!!
I still cannot believe how filling this breakfast is, and the greek yogurt helped to add some extra protien.
I also had to get part of our dinner started early this morning, that way it would be warm and tasty when I arrived home this evening. I used one of my Christmas gifts, The Crockpot Cookbook and selected the Classic Chili recipe.
I thought this would be a fantastic idea for another freezing cold Florida day. It was fantastic to come home to a yummy smelling apartment after an exhausting day, and it is even better to have tons of leftovers for lunch and dinner tomorrow!


Work was on and off hectic, I managed to eat the usual + a handful of goldfishies:)


My spring semester class starts tonight and I will have about 30 minutes of work to do tonight and about 45 minutes each night this week. I am really trying to get ahead on my work so I don't have to spend too much time on any given night doing schoolwork, after all I have a race to train for.

Tomorrow I will be resuming my outdoor running routine as we should finally see some temperatures in the 50s- YAY! I never thought I would be so happy to see 50 degrees.

Even though Monday's are supposed to be a rest day, I headed to the gym for about 25 minutes of light cardio. I have gotten to the point where I start to get restless if I don't do something active everyday, even if it is just minimal- the sweat makes me feel better. I did 10 minutes on the stair climber at level 10 and then 15 minutes of hill walking on the treadmill at an incline ranging between 12 and 15.


How many miles can I run this year???
Realistically thinking about my running goals this year, I think it is feasible to say that I would like to run at least 500 miles this year- to date I am at 24.

24 miles in 11 short days- that really doesn't seem that impressive when I write it like that, but considering how many rest days I took, it looks pretty good to me. I plan to add a tab to the blog to update weekly on my total mileage and see if I can hit 500 miles this year!


How many miles will you run this year????

No comments:

Post a Comment