Monday, January 4, 2010

Boring Monday

Happy Monday blog readers! Today was my first day back at work after 10 days off, and I must say it was quite a drag.

I was not super excited to go back in the first place, but on top of that it turned out to be a slow day. I am trying to play catch up after my long break and it will take a day or 2 to get my schedule back up and running. So the slow work day and no real plans for tonight has made this a pretty lackluster day on which to fill you in.

In some actual exciting news, well not really exciting but you get the point, it is FREEZING in Jacksonville. It was 29 degrees when I woke up this morning, 30 when I left for work, and we only saw a high of 47!!!!! I woke up this morning thinking "Wait, did I move to Boston and no one told me??!?! We are expected to see temps like this all week and probably the weekend too:(

John and I are planning to do our runs on the treadmill this week, which is not fun but it is far too chilly to venture out and risk getting sick. Besides a few T-mill runs wont kill us. I am however getting nervous on how we are going to get in our 11 miles this weekend.

Saturday I have to work from 9a-1p and then I am supposed to go to a birthday scavenger hunt for my friend Heather's birthday. We REALLY want to ride the Jacksonville/Baldwin trail with our new bikes on Sunday as well as relax some so I am concerned when we will run 11 miles. My usual thought is SAturday morning before work, but UMMMM its supposed to be 27-30 degrees- NOT COOL!!!!

IF you have any advice for cold weather running PLEASE let me know!!

So to sum up my boring day

Wake up (slept too late to do yoga- trying again tomorrow)
work
Home
Dinner- most interesting part chipotle chile shrimp and steamed broccoli
gym for 25 minutes of hill walking- it was supposed to be a rest day but my boring day left me antsy
shower/blog/bed

Boring:( will have more fun news tomorrow
AND THINK OF COLD WEATHER TIPS FOR 11 MILES. Ok thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment