Saturday, May 1, 2010

Back on My Feet

It's the weekend! In about an hour I will be free to do as I please!


This morning I set out to test the waters with the ankle and see how it was after my litle incident on Wednesday. Well it's fine, back to normal, still a little wierd if I land on it funny, but I think that's always the case.
Last night, John and I made plans to go on a bike ride this morning so I could get in a workout no matter how my ankle was. I headed up to the gym first to attempt a run on the treadmill- just in case it felt wierd I could A) get home without much difficulty and B) possibly do something else until it was time for our bike ride.

Well 5 miles later I felt great and realized I needed to go if I was to make our biking date!

5 miles on the treadmill- 46:22 with .5% incline, avg 9:16 pace


After a quick change, I was out again, this time for a 15 mile bike ride. We did 15 miles in about an hour and 10 minutes with a few stops along the way. There were times where we were going really slow and I was a little frustrated because I felt like I wasn't getting in any workout, but there were times where we were flying and my legs were on fire so I figure it balanced out.

Today, I am treating as my Sunday since tomorrow I will be vegging in the sun ALL day! I plan to get in the grocery shopping, laundry, some house cleaning, and then we have dinner plans with friends. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment