Sunday, May 16, 2010

Back on Track

Well the weekend has flown by here, and very few things went according to plan.


To recap, I got up and ran Friday morning. I did 3 miles on the TM, it was slow and easy. Friday night we ventured to Flemming Island to help some friends move a few pieces of furniture. I spent the drive thoroughly enjoying my new book



 
I had made the decision to move my longer run of the weekend to Sunday since it was so rare to have a Saturday with nothing to do, so I took advantage and slept in until 7am!! Once awake I knew I still wanted to run, so I headed out and decided to go slow, enjoy it and play it by ear. Well I was really enjoying my run but the sun and heat started to get the best of me, I knew there was a reason why I prefer to run before the sun comes up. I got so hot that I had finished all my water right before mile 4 and had to take off my sweat-soaked shirt and carry it home.
I did 5 miles total in about 47 minutes. After my run, I showered and John and headed out to run some errands, I bought my new running shoes on sale, I am excited to get into them next month when marathon training starts. I also found plenty of running apparel I wanted to buy, especially this number...



I bet anyone could spot me on a race course in a hunting gear orange running skirt! I spent Saturday night at Heather's housewarming party, we had a great time, and I got home late again.

Today was spent being lazy, lounging in the nice weather, and running some errands. John and I went on a 45 minute bike ride this evening, we only got in about 8.5 miles in that time, it was super super windy. We also spent a good amount of time loving and teasing this little girl...




I feel like this past week I have been eating bad, having very haphazard workouts and indulging a bit too much. This week is dedicated to getting back on track, I have a race in 2 weeks and I need to take it seriously and put in the time that it deserves. Here is to back on track week- Check in and make sure I am on it. I am starting it hard core with a double workout tomorrow including an evening run of lots of hills :)


2 comments: