Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010/ Brookey’s Graduation

So a much delayed post coming your way, but lots of pictures to keep you entertained!


Starting back to Friday, I got up, ran 3 easy miles before packing, working, and heading to the airport. I made it to the house before rush hour traffic picked up, and enjoyed a trip to whole foods and dinner with the family.

I left John at home this weekend to play with his new toy and take care of Ms. Peach

531


Saturday morning I woke up before the rest of the house and went out for a long-ish run. I was actually pretty excited to tackle the hills in the neighborhood, they were tough, but manageable, I felt my breathing was a tad tougher than usual, but I chalk it up to a 1,000 foot difference in elevation. I did 8 miles in 1:16 so right at a 9:30 pace, not to bad considering the 8 huge hills I had to tackle.


After the run it was time for graduation, and to celebrate this girl

Brooke's Graduation 030


We got to the arena an hour early, right as the doors opened to snatch up some quality seats.

IMG_0991


Things almost got ugly when a few people tried to steal our seats, but we had a few body guards, myself included who managed to hold down the fort until everyone made it.

Brooke's Graduation 051


Brooke’s graduating class was the largest in Norcross High School history with almost 600 students graduating

001


Even with all those kids to parade across the stage, they still somehow managed to get it all done in under 2 hours!!!

Brooke's Graduation 029

Brooke's Graduation 034

Brooke's Graduation 033


After the speedy ceremony wrapped up, it was time for the traditional post-graduation family pictures.


Brooke's Graduation 039

Brooke's Graduation 050

Brooke's Graduation 056

Brooke's Graduation 059

Brooke's Graduation 063


IMG_1031



Brooke's Graduation 064
After pictures we headed back to the house for a post-gradation party, we had quite a food spread too.
003


And there was also a nice surprise that came in this big box…

Brooke's Graduation 001

It was the cake! Very cute, and in an excellent choice of colors.

Brooke's Graduation 066

IMG_1034


Food was eaten, gifts were open, and slowly but surely everyone else continued on with their day and other plans. I am so happy I was able to come home for Brookey’s special day! I am so proud of you Brookey, enjoy your next 4 years at Auburn!


Tommorrow morning is my race, I need to get myself psyched up for it, and I am shooting for a new PR at the very least.

2 comments:

  1. congrats to your sister! 600 kids? wow, i though my graduating class of ~310 was a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend. Good luck tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete