Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Day for Myself

I hope everyone has had a great weekend, it has been pretty awesome here!!!

Yesterday after work, John and I had lunch, did some grocery shopping, and decided to take Peachie on a long exhausting walk before we headed out for the evening. I used that opportunity to actually sneak in another run. For some reason my legs felt fine, and I decided I needed to get used to running in the sun and heat since summer is fast approaching.

I ended up doing 4 miles in about 37 minutes, nothing too over the top. I came home, got ready and John and I headed south for the evening.


We went to downtown St. Augustine to celebrate a friend’s birthday. We had dinner at The Columbia which I love, but no one else had been before. Everyone liked it, and John and I will be going back again, hopefully soon! After dinner we spent a few hours at A1A Ale works listening to the band of the evening and having a few drinks. Needless to say we made it home SOOO late. It was so weird to be up at 2am when my normal wake up call is 3 hours later. 6 hours of sleep has left me pretty worn out today, good thing my plans lined up with it perfectly.


Today I had serious plans in place, a day for myself. After weeks of hard training, school work, and long work days, I had a whole day where I had no obligations and I was going to take full advantage. Most of my day was spent like this…


52a


I spent the day by the pool enjoying the perfect Florida sunshine and attempting to sift through a huge stack of these…


52b


Peachie also participated in the water festivities today…


52c



We headed home early this afternoon with nothing to do and big plans of complete relaxation and getting in bed Super early after our lack of sleep last night.

Tomorrow morning I am back to a full mileage week of running, and am starting the week off with a nice 5 mile run- can’t wait!

1 comment:

  1. It's pool weather here too. I love it! Glad to see you're back running!

    ReplyDelete