Thursday, May 13, 2010

Overload

Well it's almost Friday, Thank God for that!

As I'm sure you noticed I didn't chime in yesterday to regale you of my wonderful morning of speed work, oh wait, that's because it didn't happen. Work was long, tense, and exhausting yesterday, compile that will a standing date for John to fix a computer issue for my parents and that truly left me with no time to get in my run and still make it for my one today. Oh yeah, and the fact that I spent the better part of my afternoon and evening reading about the Pioneer Woman, and the story of how she met her husband. If you have not checked out her blog you MUST, this story kept me glued until I finished it.

Going back to the running...So I opted for a random Wednesday rest day, it worked out fine, I got in bed super early and was able to get up quite easily before 5am today when the alarm went off.

Today I had planned to get in 6 miles- 3 miles with my mom and her running partner, and then 3 more miles on my own at my goal 10k pace. Well I ended up doing 4 miles with them since we did a 1/2 mile warm up and cool down and then I decided if I did 3.5 miles after I could get in my missed intervals from yesterday.

I did a 1/4 mile warm-up since I was already warm from the 1st run and then did 6x400 with 400 recovery between each. My times for the inervals were between 1:46-1:52 (7:05-7:30 pace) and all recoveries were done at a 9:13 pace

7.5 total for the day felt good, and I am going to do a short easy run tomorrow and hopefully a nice 10 mile pace run on Saturday, but I have big plans for the weekend, so we will have to see. I am determined to get in a strong tempo and speed work session next week that I think will leave me feeling confident for my 10k.

And even more fun news, the registration for the fall races I am looking at opened this week, time to start planning, what I do best!

1 comment:

  1. Funny story...I attempted to read the 'love story' yesterday too!

    ReplyDelete