Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Recipes

So I will say first off that today was a pleasantly uneventful Wednesday. Normally there is always some small fire to put out on a Wednesday, but I managed to make it through the day with no glitches!
After my Hummus post yesterday I got some excited recipe suggestions from several people, and I am very excited to put a few to the test. One of the things I always say I am going to do more of it try more new recipes, things I have also had for years given to me by someone or tabbed in one of my favorite cook books so I am making my October Resolution to try more new recipes. I made Kabobs for John and I last night, with left overs tonight- nothing new there, but it had been a while and forgot how fun and Easy they are! I am debating my first endeavor and I am tempted to go with Enchiladas which I have never made, although it seems like a cop out since I have definitely eaten enchiladas before. My other consideration was a sausage and pepper pasta-says it has got some spice, and I have been all about the spicy food recently, we will see...
I did a three mile run after work today, and was very pleased with my times for each of the three miles. I would like to get down to where I am running at a consistent pace of about 10:30/mile by early next week. I am starting off about the 10 minute mile rate but going up to 11:00 and 11:30 on my 2nd and 3rd miles. I also had an epiphany tonight while running: I finally got into the mental aspect of detaching mind from running legs and being able to just crank it out without focusing on the tiredness or dehydration. After following many runners blogs and doing some research in runners world and various other places I have seen so many people reference this and felt i could never really get to that point. I feel that I can say with some serious confidence at this point that I have caught the running bug!

Enough ranting, time for Ms. Peach's nighttime walk and then Top Chef!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment