Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I was a Brave Girl

So for anyone who knows me at all, you know that I am not a big fan of trying new or strange foods. Well I was a big girl today and after a short pep-talk I decided to dig right into a tub of hummus my co-worker had brought in. Chick Peas really freak me out, so the idea of them all mashed up gave me a vision of a moss-colored cottage cheese. But I mist say I was Pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. I had always read great things about hummus and how it was a healthy dip alternative and quite flavorful, so I have now added some roasted red pepper hummus to this weeks grocery list!
Today was my rest do, no running, and I can honestly say my legs needed a little break. Back at it tomorrow. I have started looking into a Garmin Forerunner 305 as a possible Xmas present for myself! It is a combo watch/GPS/Heart Rate monitor that I have heard great things about and would be great for running and races because it keeps track of your pace, distance, time and HR while running:) If anyone has something similar they like I would love recommendations or any input on the Garmin brand in general!

No comments:

Post a Comment