Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It’s All Your Fault

Busy Busy Wednesday here, I have no idea how it all went by so quickly!
I did 2 workouts today, although not quite what I had planned. I woke up this morning for my speed workout, and after seeing a comment on last nights post I decided 1200s might be fun since I NEVER do them, EVER!

Well after my 1 mile warm-up I was feeling very ADD and didn’t feel I could commit to any 1 distance, a problem I have been having recently which is weird, usually I will do anything to run 400s, but today I just couldn’t focus, so my hodge-podge looked something like this:

1 Mile warm-up, 9:40 pace
1600, 1200, 800, 400, 400  -  all with 400 recovery after

Goal times- 8:00, 5:53, 3:48, 1:50, 1:50
Actual times- 7:54, 5:49, 3:46, 1:48, 1:42

I managed to hit my 5 mile total in 42:35, I love how speedwork makes me feel so fast! I did another .3 miles to cool down for a total of 5.3 today. I also squeezed in a quality weights session this afternoon, I was hoping to also go to spinning, but once I got there I just wasn’t feeling it.


After dinner I decided I wanted ice cream so I headed up to the grocery store to get some. Once I walked down the Ice cream isle I noticed the Breyer’s brand was buy one get one free, so I got 2 1/2 gallons on the vanilla fudge ripple that John and I like. Well as I walking back out towards the checkout counter I also noticed Blue Bell had their Banana split ice cream on sale for $2 off. I LOVE banana Ice cream and knew I had to get that, it was what I had really wanted tonight anyways. Well long story short, I walked up to the checkout lane with 3, 1/2 gallons of ice cream. The guy who worked there asked what was with all the ice cream. I pondered the question for about 2 seconds before I told him “It’s really all your fault!” They had such good sales on normally expensive ice cream, and now we are well stocked for at least a month, or until John gets very hungry one night;)  But I can imagine I looked like a fragile girl post-break up with all that ice cream- really, it was all Publix’s fault!

2 comments:

  1. so did you like the 1200s? and i totally stock up on ice cream when it's on sale. the worst thing ever is running out of ice cream and then going to the store and everything is $5 for a half gallon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I avoid the freezer aisle as much as possible for fear of sales!

    ReplyDelete