Friday, August 6, 2010

Spoke Too Soon

It's Friday, I am super excited for the weekend here, and mine starts in just a few hours! On Wednesday I had a great day, fell naturally into my new schedule, and began to thing that the whole 'changing my life around' process was going to be easy, well clearly I spoke too soon!


Yesterday (Thursday) I could not drag my butt out of bed to make it out to the track before the sun came up, boo! When I finally did get up at about 5:30 I was left to do my speedwork on good old TM. It actually was a nice visit, and considering my energy level was low, it was nice to have something forcing me to do the interval when I probably would have sucked it up on my own.

I had 8x400 on the schedule- hoping to get my legs nice and perky for my race series next weekend. Also to stay on track for the week I needed to get in at least 5 miles, no biggie there, I did 6 :)
Goal times for the 400s were

6 Miles - 52:10, 8:41 average pace (don't let this fool you, those 400s make me look fast)

1 Mile Warm-up- 9:45
8x400 - (1:53, 1:52, 1:51, 1:51, 1:49, 1:48, 1:48, 1:46), 400 RI between each
1 Mile - 8:50

Originally I figured I would do a nice easy cool down last mile, then I thought since I had some energy (finally) I would do a hard 1600 to see what I had. As I was getting ready to adjust the speed neither sounded appealing so I settled on doing 1 mile at my goal half marathon pace- beat it by 10 seconds, and probably could have done the 1600, oh well. I am happy with a hmp mile, I need to get used to that too!


So that brings us to today, Friday. I woke up wanting to run, I had nothing on the schedule, normally Friday's are a rest day, but I went with it. I decided a short and easy recovery run would be fine, and I decided to do something I haven't done since Garmie came into my life, I ran without my watch!!! I didn't really need to keep any pace, and actually it was probably best if I went slow since I have a redemption long run planned for tomorrow after last weeks Major FAIL! I decided that 30 minutes or so of leg loosening would be perfect so I set out on my go-to neighborhood route to do about 3miles. It was freeing to run without Garmie, but certainly not anything I would want to do regularly. It was nice to go with my mood today and just run because I wanted to, the little ones like this keep me rejuvenated for all the rest of my training.

Because I know this route like the back of my hand, I know that I ran about 3.2 miles so a nice short recovery run, I don't remember the last time I just ran 3 miles, it felt so quick I was just getting warmed up! Off to get ready for the weekend, lots to do around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment