Sunday, August 29, 2010

Recovery Running

I hope everyone else is out enjoying a beautiful and fabulous weekend as the summer draws to a close. We are sitting at home catching up on all those things you were too busy for all summer because it is raining again for the 2nd day in a row! I got all the fun errands done yesterday, so today is just kind of creeping by.


After my 3:30am wake up call yesterday, I went to bed early last night and woke up at 6am with no alarm feeling great- no evidence of 18 miles yesterday. Since I felt so good, and we were going to have to skip our bike ride today, I decided to join John on a short recovery run. My legs felt great the whole time, I kept it easy most of the time, but picked it up the last 1/4 mile to a 7:30 pace, make sure my legs don't get used to slow running. I did 2.5 miles in 24:43.



So now that the week is officially over, I have sat down to update my training log for the week, and I was quite happy with how it turned out:

Monday- 8 miles- 1:12:11; 9:01 pace- 4M @ tempo
Tuesday- 8 Miles-  1:14:56, 9:22 pace, 5 @gmp, 3 @ghmp
Wednesday-  6 Miles easy- 58:23, 9:43 pace
Thursday-  5 Miles w/ 3x400 - 45:13, 9:02 pace
Saturday- 18 Miles- 2:53:08, 9:37 pace
Sunday-  2.5 miles 24:43, 9:53 pace

Total Miles = 47

This has been my highest mileage week to date. I started the week a little weary of my 2nd step up week, but I felt the last few runs were strong and effective. I am off to prepare for a speedy cut back week, have to get in the intensity somewhere!

1 comment:

  1. great job with the 18 yesterday. it's awesome that you aren't feeling it! major congrats with the mileage. it's always so exciting to make some mileage prs :)

    ReplyDelete