Monday, September 13, 2010

An Unmentioned Goal

Happy Monday All! I fell off the face of the planet this weekend, but another jam packed weekend will do that to you. We attended 2 football games this weekend, which is absolutely exhausting assuming you are doing things correctly:)

We starte our Saturday here in The Swamp...


From what I have read we set the record temperature for a game, some rediculous heat index like 108* or something. Needless to say it was disgustingly hot, and I am praying for all night games until at least November. I opted to wear gator running attire since I knew from last week I would be sweating buckets (which I did) but the dry fit made me not want to kill myself.

Problem became that since I had on something different before the game, my sunscreen was put on in different places and left me with a result looking something like this...




Needless to say, I was not real happy about this new tan/burn lines, but at least the will line up with my sports bra when I run so I don't look like too much of a freak. Sunday we hit the Jags game, and it was hot, but thanks to a fan and some access to the A/C I felt it was a much more bearable game. 2 Games, and 2 wins in the books, both looking much prettier than the week before.


Sunday after Game 2, was spent doing a lot of this...


And getting ready for our week. As much as I liked having a short 4 day work week last week, I like the routine of a normal week, and went to bed last night excited about all the things I would be getting done this week.


I ended up doing something this weekend that I have not done in I can't remember how long- I took 2 days off in a row!!!! It felt nice to have a little break, and especially after the long 20 miler, but this morning I was more than ready to get back to my running!

This morning I was to do 7-9 miles, I was shocked I had given myself a choice in the matter, but I remember when and why I did that, because I knew I would be coming off of 2 insanely busy weeks. After a lower than desired mileage week last week, and a few schedule tweeks, I knew this would be a high mileage week for me, so I opted to do the 9. I was really exctied for it to, normally I stick with 8 or 10, so 9 seemed like fun.
Monday = tempo, and after several missing tempos the last few weeks, I decided I really needed to nail this one. The schedule showed 5 @8:25 pace, but since I had been slacking I knew 8:30 was probably more realistic, so it went like this:

9 Miles- 1:20:19, 8:55 average pace
Mile 1-  9:44
Mile 2-  9:39
Mile 3-  8:33
Mile 4-  8:28
Mile 5-  8:31
Mile 6-  8:26
Mile 7-  8:23
Mile 8-  9:17
Mile 9-  9:18

Per usual, it took 2 to warm-up, but I actually started feeling better the more miles I went, the faster miles got easier and easier, and I almost added one more in for good measure, but decided that would be enough miles for today. Great run to start off the week, I am hoping for a stellar running week, to get the confidence back up, we are less than 6 weeks until race day, and I really feel the biggest thing missing now is the confidence.


When the end of 2009 came, and I was making note of goals I wanted to hit this year, one that came to mind was that I wanted to run more than 1,000 miles in 2010. It seemed reasonable enough, but the more I thought about it, it seemed like such a huge number, especially to someone who was hitting 20- 25 miles/week during the peak of half marathon training. I had no set plans of a full marathon at that time, so I just kept that goal in the back of my brain, and made sure I kept track of my miles this year, just to see if I could hit it. Well today my run put me comfortably over the 1,000 mile mark for the year and we still have 3+ months to go. I am really proud to have hit that number, especially because I was so afraid I couldn't that I didn't even write about it in my 2010 Goals Post. After revisting that post this morning, I actually had another realization: I have smashed every goal I had listed in that post, and then some! Since I have some how exceeded my own expectations well before the year end, and am in a completely differnet place with my running, I feel it necessary to update my life (and blog) with some new goals I am working towards before the end of this year. Those will be coming at ya tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. yay for jammed packed weekends! not so much for sunburns but oh well. i totally would have thought that a painful run would insue

    and WOOT for smashing every goal for 2010!! you are a rockstar :)

    ReplyDelete