Back from the blog slacking again, maybe I can blame the cold!
So I used to be a big 10 things Tuesday person, but as the summer came and went I didn't seem to have much to say, well now I have a ton to say, so 10 things coming at ya:
1. My long run this past weekend was great and sucky at the same time- does anyone else have these runs? I felt pretty good since I kept it easy, but it seemed to drag on forever and I didn't enjoy it the way I used to love long long runs.
2. I did 13.1 Miles in 2:02:27 or 9:20 pace, that is actually pretty spot on for an easy long run.
3. This was my longest "long run" in months- so sad! I have raced several halfs and even added mileage, but just going out to do a long run, it has been a while, I think that is what was so rough.
4. My hip has been hurting since said long run last week, and it has me majorly freaked out!
5. I am super lucky to already have a massage booked for Thursday, so hopefully we can get all the crap out and be ready for another longer run this weekend- 15 miles is the goal.
6. For those of you who have experience with snow running- I am leaving in 17 days for the arctic air in Austria! We are going skiing for a week and I still have to get in a few runs once I am there. While I certainly do not expect anything of quality, I have to get some miles in- any advice on how to run on hills in the snow, or even in the snow for that matter? All advice is deeply appreciated!
7. For this trip, I for see myself slipping, falling, and being laughed at as the dumb American who can't run in the snow. I won't even worry about the fact that the base elevation there is 4212ft and my house is umm....8 feet above sea level. Great. I can see it now, I will be sucking wind like a sixty year old santa claus look alike with emphysema.
8. 11 days in and I have already decided to ammend one of my 2011 Goals...running related...not loving it.
9. I am supposed to run the 26.2 with Donna on February 13th, that's right, in like a month. The longest run I have done since my last marathon is 15 miles, and I would maybe have time to squeek in 1- 20 miler before this race. Considering the injury I had to deal with (am still dealing with) after my last marathon, I have not had the time to put in the type of training I would like for a marathon.
After much internal deliberation I have decided that I want to drop from the Full to the half for this race. While I could physically be ready to run 26.2 miles that day, I would not truly be ready for it. I don't want to run a marathon just to run it at this point, I want to race, I want to destroy my time, and I want to know I put everything into my training that I could, and I don't feel that I could do that for this race.
I really wanted nothing more than to run this specific marathon, and to do it well, but I am humble enough to know I am just not there right now. The last thing I want to do is reinjure myself and have to forfit the rest of my spring races, so I am at peace with my decision, and plan to go out and destroy my half marathon PR, I do feel very much prepared for that right now.
This had been eating at me for a couple weeks now, and it feels SO nice to put it all out there in the open finally!
10. I have wedding updates! But they will be coming your way in a fun "Wedding Wednesday" post!