Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Confessions

I hope everyone is looking forward to their weekend as much as I am! As much as I have been MIA lately you had better bet there have been a lot of things I haven't fessed up to, so here it goes.

-  I have been sick as a dog all week this week, and yet for some reason I will not let myself call in sick. In my last job you could bet your ass you would be fired if you called in sick for anything other than losing a limb, you had to go in sick and be so bad that they would send you home- I guess I still have this fear instilled in my brain.

- While out of town last weekend I did a glorious "long run" of 7 miles at an 8:43 average pace...in elevation...on hills- I know ridiculous!

-I have been sidelined all week from this lovely ailment, but refused to miss Wednesday's track workout...The Mizuno Bus was coming to let everyone test out their new shoes lines, get discounts, and a fun tshirt. Yes I should have been in bed, but I coughed, sniffled and hacked my way through 6 miles with 3x1600 (at 7:43) to get to try some fun new shoes and get my tshirt- I have issues.

-I have picked back up my addictive reading habit this week to replace my running addiction. I have finished 2 book in 5 days...and I have my eyes on another before the weekend is out :)

-I found my wedding shoes!!!!! And then someone stole my size :( My size 10 foot will not fit in a teensy little pair of 5.5 sandals that is left. FAIL!

- Bridesmaids dresses are still causing problems. We found a dress that was great, and it is not laying right on people the way it did in the pictures...hoping this issue can be resolved as the idea of finding another dress highly disinterests me.

- I think I have eluded to this a bit, but John has started doing CrossFit recently. He has been going for a little over a month and absolutely loves it. He has amended his diet some with it also which has been great for both of us too. He has urged me to come try it, and part of me is intruigued, but then I hear the word pull-up and panic...sheer panic.

-Very Serious Confession: I have never done an unassisted pull-up. Ever. No, this is not an April Fool's thing, I really can't do it. The idea of pull-ups scares me, I don't know why, but it seems so hard and taxing and diffcult, and people lash about all weird to get themselves all pulled-up. And besides, knowing I can't do one now, why would I try. Everyone at the gym would laugh at me as I haphazardly attempt to pull myself up over the bar with no success, so I figure I will stick to dumbbells at the gym and call it a day.


Is there anything strength related you struggle with?

I can handle push-ups, but talk about pull-ups and I will run away.

Have a fab weekend everyone, hope Spring has shown up where you are, it's already summer here!

3 comments:

  1. Nice, what books are you reading??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to know what books your reading too

    and i do the same thing with calling in sick: i don't. i actually have used ONE (of my 10) sick days and it was because i wasn't sick anymore but i was too exhausted from being sick and still going to work. go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never called in sick either. I was sent home once because no one wanted what I had.

    You should make this the year of the pull up with me! I swear I'm going to do 1 in '11! I've been following a "training" thing from fitness magazine. First, you just hang from the bar. Simple, right? You work up to being able to do 3 reps of 30 secs. Sounds easy but took me 2 weeks to accomplish. Second, you just hold yourself up on the bar in the chin up/above the bar position. This is where I've been for a week. Third, you start in the chin up position then lower yourself down, then use a chair to get back to start. Last, you do mini-pull ups just partially raising and lowering yourself from chin up position. Then you should be able to do the real thing. Also, I hope to have zero back/bra fat by then :)

    ReplyDelete